Friday, April 25, 2014

Sodium Funny

I love my 3-day weekends like nobody's business. They make me so happy, and give me a total refresher after two 12-hour shifts. The last two days at work were totally crazy, just so many things to do, and well never enough time in the day to do them, even with overtime. So to sum up my day, Miss Bella and I slept in until 9am. . it was fabulous!! I then had a very big breakfast, my classic English muffin with Nutella and strawberries, scrambled egg whites with a little shredded cheese and a bowl of Kashi Indigo Morning with some almond milk and a warm cup of green tea!! I love having a big breakfast, I wish I could have them every morning, but when I wake up at 430AM. . . let's be real. So after breakfast I spent some time browsing the internet and I found this gem:

I can't stop laughing

If this doesn't scream NERD ALERT! then I don't know what will. I think any scientist can appreciate this as much as I do. If you don't get it, well I almost feel sorry for you. ::Sigh:: I'm such a geek.

Anyways Bella and I enjoyed a nice walk around the apartment complex this morning with our friend. It was a bit crisp, but I'm glad we went when we did because the rain hit shortly after.

Thankfully I got paid today, because I was seriously lacking food in my house and I was getting a little nervous. I looked up some recipes that I'd like to try within the next two weeks. Healthy chicken enchiladas and homemade black bean hummus. I'm also going to splurge and make spaghetti bread (not healthy, but totally worth it). Like I've said plenty of times before, it's okay to splurge a little. I'll be making the spaghetti bread and it'll be required to last me a weeks worth of food, so I won't have huge portion sizes. I'll most likely be making the chicken enchiladas on Sunday for my week, I'll be sure to post the recipe when I do!! I would have made the black bean hummus but the grocery store was out of chipotle peppers and I wasn't about to drive around like a weirdo all day looking for a pepper. While I was at the grocery store I tried to get myself to be healthy with my purchases. I bought lots of fruit: cantaloupe, strawberries, pineapple and grapes. I bought organic chicken which was actually on sale and even cheaper with my coupon than "regular" chicken for the enchiladas. I picked up some more Nutella (I'm not even going to explain that one haha). Greek yogurt which I plan on blending with either the pineapple or the strawberries and make my own yogurt bites. Cottage cheese, because it's super high in protein and delicious.

Look at the size of that guy
I also found out that there's a strawberry farm about 20 minutes away. . . I'm not sure why I was never aware of this. I'll be picking strawberries next month for sure!!! One of my favorite things to do is pick fruit, just because I think fresh food tastes so much better. I can't wait until I'm rich and famous and can have my own garden! ughhh veggies.

Well, tomorrow is the music festival!!! Super excited!!! (there's a dog barking outside of my apartment right now that sounds like it smokes about 20 packs of cigarettes, totally distracting). SOOO music festival, I decided to get a little fancy and paint my nails and fix my pedicure.

Not bad for free hand

The single pink nail matches my toes. I'm more of a dark pink girl when it comes to nail polish colors, unless I'm tan. Once I'm tan, anything bright! Yes please! But here's to tomorrow, drinking wine, listening to music and hopefully not getting sunburned.

I'm smaht

I'm almost hoping that I have so much fun tomorrow that this will be the result Sunday. . .don't judge. This chick is a little wild sometimes.

"She's whiskey in a teacup"

No comments:

Post a Comment