Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter

Well it's certainly been a couple of days since my last post. Life has been hectic but fun! I, unfortunately, did not get to celebrate Easter with my family; but, one of my best friends had me over for dinner, and it was absolutely wonderful! I felt so grateful that they opened up their home to me that I made a cake for dessert. I'll post the recipe, but there's nothing healthy about this one. I made fresh strawberry cake!!!



Ugh, how could you NOT want to eat that!?!?! It has fresh strawberries crushed and mixed in, along with homemade cream cheese frosting. It's totally okay to indulge once in a while, and since it was a holiday, definitely okay.

I had such a wonderful time with her family. Her sister has two great kids, both of which I adore. They crack me up! It totally feels like my crazy family back home, and I think that's why I like it so much.

So as I've announced in one of my last posts, I've been having trouble keeping Miss Bella in her crate. I ditched the crate, baby gate it is. And so far so good!!

Sad Puppy

Luckily, she's only messed once in there, but being that its linoleum versus carpet, much easier to clean! And she's actually making use of her dog bed now instead of just trying to eat it. I love this rascal so much. We had a nap on the couch this afternoon, total snuggle bug, and I wouldn't have traded it for the world.

So this weekend if the first annual music festival in my city! I'm wicked excited about it, and even more excited that I won tickets!! I was just listening to the radio and they announced that you could enter to win, so of course I got online and registered. I've only ever won one thing in my life from a raffle, and that was a computer in high school (which totally pissed off the upperclassmen), whatever. And the next day I received an e-mail saying "hey come get them at the station!". OH SO EXCITED! I'm going to sit outside all day listening to music, and get tan.

Speaking of music festivals, last June I attended the XTU concert in Camden, NJ. One of my friends invited me up, and we had a blast! It was a whole group of her friends that went. While I was there I had on my favorite pair of sunglasses, and when I got back home I couldn't find them anywhere. I was so upset. One because the first pair I owned Bella ate and two because this was the last pair the store had exactly the same. So I bought two more pairs of other sunglasses to be safe. Well, you know I've lost two pant sizes and I had to figure out what Spring clothes I had that still fit. I was trying on some old shorts and then all of a sudden I felt something under the stack. BAM! I found my sunglasses. Apparently when I got back and finished up my laundry from the trip to Jersey I must have put my sunglasses down and accidentally packed them away.

Aren't they just beautiful!?

So I'd say the last two days I've been in total WINNING mode. Look out world.


No comments:

Post a Comment