Sunday, April 13, 2014

Beef and Broccoli

WHAT A WEEKEND! First off, Thursday I came home from work and miss Bella was out of her crate again. I honestly couldn't be mad at her because well seriously check out the video.



The weak spot in her crate is now zip-tied together. I really didn't do a whole lot over the weekend, but I had an absolute blast doing what I did do. So I had Friday-Sunday off, and Friday I proceeded to give my house the cleaning it deserved and I went for a walk around my complex with Bella and a good friend of mine. The weather was beautiful, and I'm so happy it's getting warmer out now, because that means I'll be outside more! Friday night I found myself wicked bored, sitting in my apartment in the dark staring at the wall. I called up a coworker and she invited me over for their dinner party. I drank a couple Angry Orchard Cinnful Apples, because that's my new go to. We then played some boxing on the Kinect. . . . I have bruises and my armpits hurt. I feel like a 13yr old gamer. Saturday I had a fantastic dinner at this restaurant downtown called Robin Alexanders, AMAZING, as always! My girlfriend and I were able to catch up on a month and a half of separation time. I call her my girlfriend because in college I had so much money on my student account for food, that every afternoon I would buy her lunch in between our classes (she was a commuter). She pretty much rocks my world and is my voice of reasoning sometimes. Like when I messaged her today about a new tattoo I want. A lotus flower, lightly shaded in pink, with the words Beautiful Struggle in the stem of the lotus. Sunday was dedicated to literally just relaxing, and I had a chapter meeting with my girls tonight. They seem to be doing super well and after all the stuff they've had going on are still upbeat about all their activities. Kudos to them!

As for the food I actually ate at home. . . my fruit of choice this weekend was cantaloupe!! Did you know that there are only 100 calories in an entire cantaloupe!? Crazy, I know. I also decided to try something really different, and I made my scrambled egg whites and instead of adding a little bit of shredded cheese, I added cottage cheese. It was actually really delicious and super filling!! Then I finished my weekend off by making beef and broccoli. . soo gooddddd!! Check out my recipe page for the breakdown!



"Don't let someone dim your light, simple because it's shining in their eyes." <3

1 comment: