Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pumpkin Is The New Cheese

Hey friends,
So I know it's been a couple days since I posted anything, total fail. I'm currently in the process of potentially finding a new home for myself and the Queen Bee herself.

Why are my front legs so short!?

It's not that I don't like where I am, but I've been here less than two years and they've changed my rent four times. Come on now guys. So I'm starting the search early so that I'm not scrambling last minute to find a new home for us. Heaven forbid we'd have to move back home. NO THANKS! (love you Mom & Dad). Speaking of, tomorrow's my Dad's birthday. . . I almost forgot, but didn't. It's weird to think my Dad is another year older, I really don't think of it like that. I just think I get older and he stays the same age.

Sidetracked. Anyways I was super ambitious today between my future home search and my attempt at a new recipe!. . . Pumpking Cottage Cheese Macaroni and Cheese. I know, I know. Sounds terrible. Let's take a step back for a second. When I decided try and become healthy, that meant substitution in my meals, and keeping an open mind. I won't lie, it's hard, but you have to be willing to try new things. If you don't keep an open mind, it's not gonna work.

Check out my recipe page
Well, it's definitely not the heavy, creamy macaroni and cheese I know and love; but, it's still super delicious!! The cottage cheese adds tons of protein, and well pumpkin is just good for you. I prefer to buy SmartTaste pasta because it has a lot of fiber in it, and I tend to find I'm not a huge fan of whole wheat pastas, so it's my next best choice! I also breaded some chicken breast with Italian seasoned breadcrumbs and cooked up some green beans on the side. I LOVE GREEN BEANS.


I usually make one giant meal once every couple of days, and then I have leftovers to pack for my work lunches (in this case. . plus some).  I know it looks kind of boring, but the flavors were great, and it was all filling which means I only had one serving versus two.

So this girl is off to bed, only two days of work and I'm off all weekend! I cannot wait to be outside in the beautiful weather!!

This is how I feel about the weather
Kill them with success, and bury them with a smile <3

No comments:

Post a Comment