Wednesday, April 16, 2014

#Love

Silly Spring.
So the Hairy Houdini struck again! I put her into her crate and made sure to zip tie all the sides. . . . I came home and she was on the couch. I gave up, the crate has been put away, and I bought her a baby gate for the kitchen. She thinks she's smooth, but I'm smarter, maybe...

We took a walk this morning with our friend, as we do every week.

I was feeling pretty good this morning
Bella was exhausted after our first walk, but I was definitely hungry. I didn't get this fat by not eating, let's be serious now. But for real, I decided to treat myself to a grilled cheese, because they're delicious. I had two choices of butter in my fridge.

The left is Land-O-Lakes butter with olive oil, Right is Smart Balance with Omega-3
Rewind. The left is real butter, and check out those ingredients. Three, that's it, just three all natural ingredients. The "butter" that's supposed to be better for you has preservatives in it. Potassium Sorbate, EDTA. . those are things we also have in our shampoo and hand soap. Are they really something we want to be eating? Probably not. Just because the package says "hey I'm gonna support a healthy heart", doesn't mean that everything in it is natural. At this point I'm not even sure if the Smart Balance is real butter. I'd rather forfeit and have an extra 10 calories on my grilled cheese. Knowledge can be the best weapon you own. I'm the type of person who creates a grocery list, and literally matches all my coupons and then goes to the store with a calculator, and I will spend hours at the store sometimes to compare boxes. I highly recommend being more conscious of your food choices, I obviously need to start paying more attention. I can't even believe I bought that Smart Balance stuff.

So this afternoon after my grilled cheese, and my run to Wal Mart for Bella's new baby gate. I found myself going on another walk! One of my best friends decided to skip the gym since it was nice out, and chose me to walk with. We took a stroll downtown on the bike path over the James River (never go swimming in it), and although a bit crisp thanks to the cold front, a beautiful walk!

I would make a comment, but BODY PLEDGE!!!
There's a great sign down by the river for the community to take pictures with and "hashtag" why you love Central Virginia. What a great idea for the city! I really think my city is making a turn for the better. I've seen a lot of great local business pop up, many that I still need to explore! But I digress, we walked about 3 miles this afternoon, and I feel like I'm getting myself back on track. I know that the winter months are hard, because its cold and who wants to be outside. The food is generally more rich, and I love my parents don't get me wrong, but I swear all we do is eat when we see each other. I gained 10lbs over Thanksgiving alone. . . AH! I'm still trying to lose it. But, that's okay, because progress takes time, and nobody is perfect. I know that if I lost 46lbs last summer by walking and eating right, and I only gained 10lbs back, and I've lost about 5 of those already, that I can do it again this summer. I'm by no means trying to be a skinny minny, I have curves, I have thighs. They will always be there. (I'm still working on that butt though). I just intend to make myself and keep myself a healthy individual. But know that it's also okay to splurge every now and then.

Baked Italian Breaded Chicken Stuffed with Mozzarella, Spinach, Roma Tomato and Pesto

 Figured I'd give you guys another recipe!! And here's a progress picture for you...

College 2009 to July 2013 to Today, April 16, 2014

"The strongest actions for a woman is to love herself, be herself and shine amongst those who never believe she could." -Unknown

1 comment: