Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

Happy Memorial Day!!! And most importantly a BIG thank you to all the men and women who have served this country and made it possible for us to be able to celebrate today. I've been busy looking for new recipes, and getting this apartment thing down. And now that the pool is open, well you can most likely find me there all day every day. I was lucky enough to have a 4-day weekend, which was so unbelievably needed! I also talked to a good friend of mine from college and solidified a beach vacation in July! (Finally!!) I need a beach vacation. Also, I found out last night that Bella is officially afraid of popsicle sticks. So much so I can't eat my creamsicles in peace.  She just stares and barks at me. Sometimes I have no idea what I'm going to do with her. I finally caved and turned on my AC, I'm not looking forward to that electric bill. I started weather proofing my windows to ensure nothing escapes out, and nothing sneaks in (I keep finding giant spiders). Who needs a man!? Soooooo let's get to it...

Friday night I stayed in and enjoyed a nice night of snuggling Bella and some TV. Saturday I finally got to hang out with my little and have so much needed girl time! We went to our local Minor League Baseball Team....followed by post-game fireworks.

Big/Little
I had an absolute blast, and I definitely enjoyed catching up with her! I've also been spending a lot of time walking on my days off, unfortunately, I didn't get too much of a chance to do that this weekend as I was busy with some other things. But I love the walks I do get to take, so peaceful, and the surroundings are beautiful.


One of my favorite spots, and it's 2.5miles from my start point. Part of the trail I walk actually crosses over the water, and when it rains the levels rise and sometimes over the trail. Welllllllll, I walked over it thinking "oh the water isn't that deep", I lied to myself, that shit was to my ankles. Of course, it was during one of the 6mile walks, and I ended up with blistered from wet socks rubbing with sneakers. Ouch.


The pool finally opened, and I've spent some time at it all 3 days this lovely holiday weekend. I ALREADY HAVE A TAN!! What!!! Happy girl right here. I hate being a pastey white, and I refuse to look orange from a spray tan. This means I'll have a bomb base by the time my vacation comes up in July. Speaking of vacations and fun. . my birthday is coming up at the end of June, for those of you that are interested I really want to do something big. I haven't had a fun all out blast just for me and me only. Maybe that's being selfish, but I'm not really sure I care. I feel like I deserve it.

In other worlds, I've also been cooking a lot this weekend. I made southwest black bean hummus, my super awesome pasta salad, and my philly cheesesteak suffed peppers. I'll post everything in my recipe section!

Get outside and enjoy this beautiful weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment