Sunday, May 11, 2014

Chillin' with the YES team

The "YES" team was formed officially on Saturday night. I'm kidding, we're really not a team, but we decided that the answer will always be YES when it comes to us. Which is obviously not true. So Thursday I went a little hard. A friend of mine was actually in town before they took off traveling for work again so we decided to catch up with each other. Let's just say I clearly need to slow down. I'm taking life wayyyy too fast. But at least I'm enjoying it right?!

This is all we did on Friday
I wouldn't trade her for anything. I wish people would take a step back and realize that she's not just my dog, but my best friend, my companion, my savior and the reason I wake up every day. I get so tired of people bashing my obsession with her, or even people acting like I put her before everything else. News flash, I'm not sure I would still be here today if I didn't get her back. I gave up many times for a couple months. Struggling to find a reason to get out of bed.

So Friday was strictly us lounging and sleeping, some times you just need days like that. Saturday was turning out to be the same until a friend of mine asked me to meet up. We went out for a couple drinks and formed the YES team. What. A. Night. So full of laughs. And on that note, I really wish people would stop spreading rumors. Just because two people hang out doesn't mean any thing. It's okay to have friends.

My confidence is booming some nights
I had a friend from college comment that she was amazed at how far I've come. Truth is it took me about 30 minutes to figure out what shirt I wanted to wear. Even though I've lost about 46lbs, I still feel like I weight over 200. It's so unbelievably hard to change your own mind set, especially when people have drilled it into your head that your ugly, fat, stupid or what have you. Bullying has such a negative effect on an individuals for longer than just a few months or years. It can last a lifetime. I'll admit I am not the nicest person and I have been known to judge. I think the reason for that is because I feel as though I need to defend myself. That's so sad. I honestly wish I didn't feel that way.

Just a nice little reminder of how far I've come
I am absolutely no where close to where I want to be, but it's pictures like this that really throw everything into perspective. I know that I post them a lot on Facebook or Instagram, but I need the reminder. I need to see it for myself, because when I look in a mirror, I don't always get that feeling of accomplishment.

So I'm always looking for new recipes and I found one for "healthy" crockpot BBQ chicken. It really wasn't that bad in terms of calories, the only thing I worried about was the sodium level in the sauce. I'll be posting the recipe here shortly.


BBQ pulled chicken, broccoli slaw and sweet potato fries
I'd like to think it was a fairly healthy dinner. To end my dinner I made some homemade whip cream (not that healthy) and paired it with some fresh strawberries. MMM..

Bella got to lick the bowl
She's so spoiled, and I'm going to regret that treat tomorrow when her stomach is bothering her. Oh well, she deserves it. She was such a great dog all weekend long. It's been uber hot here, and I'm refusing to turn on my AC because I do not want to pay the electric, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.

On a totally random note, you know what I don't like!? Liars. People that try to play games. Don't act like you wanna hang out and get to know me when you have a girlfriend, fiancĂ© or a wife. What is wrong with people!?!?!? Makes me sick, if you're not happy in your relationship and need to run off to someone else, then maybe you should just get out of your relationship. You're just gonna end up miserable in the end.

Any who, my cousin came home from the hospital today, just in time for Mother's Day to spend with her son. My aunt goes in for surgery on the 19th to fix a problem from her last surgery, which I'm hoping this will put her on the right track to gain some weight and kick cancer's butt. Fingers crossed y'all. And lastly... it was Mother's Day, and my mom is better than yours. No really.

Throwback photo of my Mom and me
She has listened to it all for sure, and has always been there when I needed her. Happy Mother's Day to the most wonderful Mom there is!!! I love you!

"Beauty is the opposite of perfection-It's about confidence, charisma and character"

No comments:

Post a Comment